Many times individuals need fingerprints taken for reasons other than law enforcement purposes. (employment, licensing, etc…) The Barron County Jail will take fingerprints for individuals requesting them at no cost. We will make every attempt to get to you in a timely manner but please remember that jail operations are unpredictable and you may have a short wait if the jail becomes busy. If you have any questions please call the jail at (715) 537-5559.
How do I get a copy of a traffic accident report?
There is a $5 fee for each accident record copy requested from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department. Please submit this fee with your request.
You can download the accident report request form here.
TO REQUEST AN ACCIDENT REPORT FROM THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION:
You can request an accident report by any of the following methods (include the date of the accident and the name of one of the drivers involved):
- Mail Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Accident Records Unit P.O. Box 7919 Madison, WI 53707-7919
- FAX Request Accident Records Unit at (608) 261-8201
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a $6 fee for each accident record copy requested. An invoice will be mailed to you along with a copy of the report.
How do I get a copy of a criminal incident report?
Please send a written request to: Attn: Incident Reports Barron County Sheriff’s Department Barron County Justice Center Room 1200 1420 State Hwy 25 North Barron, WI 54812-3007
Please include pertinent information such as:
- The date(s) of the incident and/or when it was called into the Sheriff’s department.
- The persons involved and/or who might have called the Sheriff’s department.
- The location of the incident.
- Also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Civil Papers/Process Service Information
Due to the amount of papers that are received for service, our office should receive documents to be served within a reasonable amount of time so that we can make every effort to have them served in a timely fashion.
- Our office will accept faxed copies of domestic abuse and harassment restraining orders.
- We do not give legal advice.
- Prepayment for process service is required.
- $50 per person served.
Petitioner/attorney should make sure that the address where paper is to be served is in Barron County. No Post Office Box addresses. If process server has to find street address, it will count as an attempted service. To check if papers are served, or to cancel service: Kim Dahlberg 537-5814 Ext. 6725 Any other questions regarding service: Michael Reinikainen, Process Server 537-5814 Ext. 6723 To schedule/cancel sheriff sale: Kim Dahlberg 537-5814 Ext. 6725 Make sure there is a mailing address for returns and billing included in information sent to our office. Our office will not forward returns to the clerk of court unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided (except for papers filed in Barron County), and you must request that returns are to be forwarded. Our office does not keep copies of certificates of service. If you require copies for your files, you should make them before filing the certificate. What to send for service/return:
- 1 copy for each person to be served and copy of 1st page of paper for return.
- Costs (All Process Service papers require prepayment)
Evictions/Writ of Assistance – $100.00 Indemnity Bond Required Foreclosure Sale Fee $150.00
Sheriff Sale Information
- 4 copies of Sheriff sale, one is for return.
- Foreclosure Sale Fee $150.00
Sheriff Sale Information
Date/Time: All Sheriff Sales are conducted at 10:00 A.M. on the First and Third Tuesdays of each month (unless otherwise posted). Place: The Main Lobby of the Justice Center
1420 State Highway 25 North,
Barron, WI 54812
Payment Notice: • A 10% down payment in the form of certified funds is required at the time of the sale of the foreclosed property.
• The down payment must be paid to the Barron County Clerk of Courts.
• Payment must be made in cash or certified bank check. Personal checks cannot and will not be accepted.
• Suggestion: Have certified funds in the amount of 10% of what you intend to be your maximum bid with you when you attend any sale.
Contact Info: Barron County Sheriff's Department
1420 State Hwy 25 North – Room 1200
Barron, WI 54812-3007
(715) 537-5814 (Administration)
(715) 537-6615 (Fax)
Administrative Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Mon-Fri
Closed Legal Holidays
Property List: (Click on the Case Number to view Case Detail)
Select a name from the drop-down list below. Comments or questions are welcome.